Thursday, June 29, 2017

Relaxing in Bora

0800 Position 16-32S 151-42W. Anchored at the southeast end of Bora's lagoon.

There wasn't a whole lot of action aboard Van Diemen yesterday. Both Rob and I are having trouble with our feet and we are trying to stay off of them so they will heal. Rob worked on repairing a halyard that had jumped the sheave at the top of the mast and chafed. Mike finished cleaning Van Diemen's waterline. Renee kept feeding us, and I finished reading the third book in the "Game of Thrones" series. I also spent a couple of hours trying to fix the pots and pans drawer under the stove that refuses to slide freely. Rob and I have both spent about ten hours in total working on it without success. It may be possessed.

Late in the afternoon we headed back to Faroona Point in the dinghy to see if the eagle rays were still there. This time I brought my GoPro. We found a smaller school of five rays in the same location they were yesterday. I dove with them for a while and got some good video.

The gentle trade winds that we have been enjoying for the past few days started to disappear yesterday and this morning we awoke to moderate north easterlies. It's time to go find shelter on the leeward side of Bora Bora.


No comments:

Post a Comment